Old 01-01-2022, 12:04 AM   #4121
timurrrr

Drives: 2022 GR86
Thanked 1,298 Times in 718 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverCar View Post
Appreciate your input. I expect significant increase in NVH. If tires, springs, anti-roll bars, and dampers remain mellow, I wonder how it would feel. Maybe there still won’t be sufficient compliance for road use?

When I had a 991.2 GT3RS, I didn’t think it’s very hard. Springs were a bit stiff and I think the tires (Cup 2) could use a softer sidewall for compliance. IIRC, the stock setup doesn’t use many “rubber” bushings.

It’s more a curious exercise to see what eliminating all the “soft” bushings while keeping compliance in the tires, springs, and dampers would do (and keep anti-roll bars stock or similar). Might be a bad idea. Since it’s not a daily driven car and one of the goals is feel, I wonder what it’d feel like.
I haven't owned a Porsche GT3/GT4/etc, but I have been to a tech talk by a local shop that specialized on 911 track and full race cars.
What I remember from the talk about suspension is that the "hard" bushings are used on the outboard ends of suspension arms, while inboard bushings are "civilized" (rubber?), specifically for NVM reasons.
Please double-check that before making any potentially costly decisions for your car.

Another thing is that I recently had a chance to drive my competitor's car, equally capable and communicative at the track. He has stiffer spring rates than mine, and yet for street driving his car was a lot more comfortable. To me the choice between "softer spring rates but high NVH" and "stiffer spring rates, but low NVH" is very clear.
timurrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timurrrr For This Useful Post:
ForeverCar (01-01-2022)