Old 02-10-2021, 08:59 PM   #16
The Red One
Planning summer road trip

Drives: 2019 Sport-tech RS. City car: GD3
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest72 View Post
This is not a garage queen, if yours is, I feel bad for you. These things will depreciate so badly and you never use it, seems like a waste.

I like nice things, But I also use old stuff when I can save unnecessary wear & tear. BTW, I feel bad for you too

Snow and rain, road salt, sub-zero temperatures, slippery roads and clueless drivers aren’t exactly ideal conditions to expose my prized ride to.

Putting it away is quite cheap insurance to keep it looking good for a long time.
Having a second vehicle available and free safe storage space makes it a no brainer for me. But I never always had this choice in the past and agree 100% in the end its just a cheap car. Would I drive it in winter. Hell yes! But have no reason to at this time.

Have you checked out an engine bay of 5 yr old cars that ran in winter slush where they use salt? I would rather work on the one that never saw this accelerated corrosion.

Every time you brush snow and ice off it your lining yourself up for a long spring detailing.

When I take it out this spring it will feel and look like a brand new car, just as I left it.

Is your car special to you?
The Red One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Red One For This Useful Post:
pope (02-11-2021), soundman98 (02-10-2021), Tcoat (02-14-2021)