View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 01:46 AM   #1655
switchlanez
Glorious BRZ Master Race

Drives: Subaru Libird
Thanked 2,718 Times in 1,079 Posts
Mentioned: 110 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I flashed the updated EO calibration this morning. On my first few accelerations I'd sometimes get a hiccup in response around 3k-5k RPM. After driving 50-80 miles today the hiccup isn't as pronounced and happens much less often but I occasionally sense faint hint of a much less pronounced hiccup once in a while if I pay attention. I hope my ECU is still "learning" and this will sort itself out eventually (going to email the Edelbrock calibration team about this. They asked me to log it... I'll try if I can find free time). Reminds me of the first released tune where I'd get similar hiccups but much lower around 1k-3k but all that went away over time as the ECU "learned."

Speaking of which, earlier this year in this thread I commented about laggy response on acceleration. I now attribute that to the ECU needing to learn (mentioned above) and being tuned for a stock exhaust instead of my GReddy SP Elite exhaust which probably generates less back pressure on low RPM pulses. The latter was validated last night (I was still on the original initial release tune that fully learned my driving this past year) when I swapped the stock exhaust back on and acceleration felt noticeably smoother than with the GReddy SP Elite. I posted the GReddy up for sale today.