Draco-REX
Corner Junkie

Drives: 13 BRZ, 11 STI, 99 RS
Thanked 1,520 Times in 702 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMOAE92 View Post
Thanks for the insight guys. I guess it's time to pop the "mod" cherry on the Evo and start unleashing the beast. Going to get her suspensioned up. Not really going for high HP, but a well balanced car.

The reason I ask is, when I test drove both FRS/BRZ, I was amazed at how well the car was balanced. Would just be a nice platform to work with. I think I'll wait till I pay off the Evo, still got 2 years left on payments, and if I traded it in the dealers would kill me in trade in value and lowball me.

Maybe I'll just hold off until the third production year, hopefully the BRZ STI will be out by then.
If you haven't modded the Evo yet, and you're thinking of selling.trading it in a few years, don't mod it. Cars like the STI and Evo get a MUCH higher price when fully stock. Mods, even if they improve the car, reduce the resale value of the vehicle.

Stick with the Evo, have fun with it and keep mods simple to undo/cosmetic (tint, rims/tires, etc) and watch for the inevitable faster BRZ/FR-S. TRD has already announced a supercharger. Hopefully there will be a TRD FR-S. And double-hopefully Subaru buys the supercharger from Toyota and makes a STI BRZ with it. Now THOSE would be cars to trade the Evo for if you didn't need the 4 doors.
Draco-REX is offline   Reply With Quote