View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 08:08 AM   #188
Transport3r

Drives: -
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroRacer View Post
Wasn’t intended for anyone in particular. Simply speaking my mind. I felt that paying for a Hakone for the same price as a PP Brz wasn’t worth it to me PERSONALLY.

Every post about the new gen I’ve seen of yours you keep commenting “how bad it “looks” and you hate it.

The front fenders you “hate” are completely functional. The side skirts you “hate” are easily changed.

You sound like an ex GF who can’t except the fact that people have moved on.
The new car has a better motor with improved HP and Torque curve, and a 50% more rigid chassis.
You KNOW that this car will be a far better performer than your car, but simply because it doesn’t “look” good to you, you bash it.

Toyota/Subaru both should be applauded that they made this car at all in 2021-22, and especially with improvements in today’s SUV, EV market.

Hakone was only made for ONE year, the fact that you say just as many of them are being tracked/raced over the multiple years these cars were offered is nonsense. These are DRIVERS cars, yes more than 50% of them don’t track them, but they are built for DRIVERS.

My Girlfriend Christine has a 2019 PP BRZ and I absolutely love driving her car, but the new car is most definitely a step up. We get it, you always talk about how the reveal was “unexciting” blah blah. Only to people like you who prefer “looks” over performance.

I’m very proud of the improvements they made on the motor and chassis. There is no doubt this will be a better DRIVERS car.

Funny how you have the word Racecar in your sig, as you never RACE your car.

Again you don’t show any appreciation that a new gen even exists, especially when it’s going to be a much better performing car.
You knock “functional” vents and “looks” while ignoring the MANY improvements.

I love the Hakone green color, always have, I was simply stating for the same price the PP BRZ was more worth the same $ TO ME.

But again, as someone who doesn’t truly “drive” their car, you wouldn’t understand.

I love both generations of the twins immensely, but unlike yourself I truly welcome and appreciate the new car, and don’t knock the “looks” over the far better performance gains , or the fact they are making a 2nd Gen at all.

The fact these cars are coming out at all should be applauded, not knocked.
You may not “race” your car, but for those of us that do, we can appreciate the chassis/ motor improvements.

I agree.

That said, Tcoat’s racecar signature is a meme, I wouldn’t get too hung up about that. [emoji1787]
Transport3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Transport3r For This Useful Post:
RetroRacer (04-07-2021)