Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToySub1946 View Post
From ichitaka05, page 89.
"As for your question, they added sound deadening. To be technical they added 8kg of sound deadening & excess glue on the floor. Not sure on exact total weight difference"

Well, in my opinion, that's too bad.

I recall my lst drive in a Japanese car, it was early 1980s, driving a mid 1970s Japanese car for the first time. Refreshing I'd have called it. So many years driving Americans cars which were too isolated from the outside environment. Too quiet.
This first time in a Japanese car reminded me of Japanese tin toy cars I played with as a kid. They were thin, somewhat fragile, but well detailed.

In a car, I want to hear the tires, the rocks hitting the rear fender wells, all the good stuff which keeps me in tune with the road.
In fact, take that radio thing and shove it. Gimme a discount for a radio delete. I wanna hear and feel the car and it's workings myself whilst driving the thing.

Ever driven a car with no carpet ? Great idea it is, you can hear more of what's going on with the car. And so easy to clean.

Guess they, the engineers and designers are going for an upscale customer this time. Just look at that silly fuzz on the passenger side dash. Too fancy and also too bland color wise for me. Give me the faux carbon fiber of old. And me, I've never faulted the interior of the 13-16 models. I think it's extremely well thought out, perfect for a driver's car.

I just can't wait to hear all the technical details of changes for the 2017 model year. I care not about the looks of either the exterior or interior...just please let me know how the car is going to drive differently. Like...Have they yet done anything to fix the steering feel of the car ? Just another area in which I wanna be in touch with the road more...in my hands.
Oh I totally agree with you. Love hearing the noise of from the road... just we're are very rare kind.

As for steering feel, I'm not 100% sure. I haven't fully read the detail info (due to a lot of things on my plate), but I know what you mean. It has a bit of dull feel in certain time. It's due with electrical PS. Hopefully, we'll find out more soon.