Old 05-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #22
stevo_12v

Drives: Mazda MX-6 Turbo, Toyota GTS86 37J
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guff View Post
If you don't kind me asking, why the Scion badge? Scion seems to be fairly looked down on in the States (just look at all those badge swap threads!); is it cool in Australia?

And I'm sure some US guy would love to trade you Scion badges for your Toyota ones...
I don't think the majority of people here in Australia are even aware of the brand Scion. I was aware of the brand but did not know it was some what affiliated with Toyota though.

I'm thinking of getting a Scion badge because there aren't any Scions here in Australia. A minor exception is the Scion xB which they call the "Toyota Rukus" here.

If people ask me, "what car is this?". I could just say, "Oh.. its the new _Scion BRZ_" trololol

I'd probably put the SCION badge on the BACK though since I will probably be removing the OEM bootlid spoiler and replacing it with the SCION/PINK STI/TOYOTA badge(honestly haven't 100% decided what badge to go with yet, but Scion badge would definitely be amusing) and then getting it repainted(if the badge holes don't match up) - just less hassle with the badge on the back I think.
stevo_12v is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevo_12v For This Useful Post:
Guff (05-14-2012), Tad_07 (06-26-2012)