Old 12-02-2018, 02:24 AM   #9
Murderous Turkey

Drives: Black 2015 FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Frogs View Post
second.

First, thank you for your service. I can say that now as I'm gonna be one of the blue card holding retiree types in 33 days saying stuff like, "not in my Air Force!", or "...back when we wore BDUs..."

one - Depending on the installation, you can check, talk with the people that run your PO and let them know to expect said boxes. I'm sure they get big stuff all the time. They will probably put a note in your box like all other big boxes.

two - do you have an auto hobby shop? can you have your wheels shipped there? do you trust the guys that run the shop to accept your wheels? Do they have policies saying it's a no-no? Talk with them.

three - do you have a (Firestone) tire garage attached to the gas station, assuming you have a gas station on the installation with a service garage? do you trust the people that work in this garage to accept your wheels? you can always talk with them.

four - as suggested above, find a good co-worker (Supervisor) and ask them/him/her if they wouldn't mind accepting your wheels. Do they live on post/base, inside the fence or outside the fence? If outside the fence, will the wheels be safe there if they sat outside for several hours, you know, porch pirates. Inside the fence shouldn't be an issue...you know, integrity.
Thanks for your service as well. I'm also Air Force but I've only been in for about a year. Thanks for all the suggestions, I didn't even think of the option of shipping them to the auto hobby shop, but I'm pretty certain I can do that since I overheard a guy that works at the post office talking about having stuff go there. I'm gonna look in to that probably this week. Thanks again for the advice
Murderous Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote