View Single Post
Old 04-21-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
etc

Drives: '13 FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I will update when I have put some track time on these, I am in the middle of moving though so I don't plan on hitting the track again until maybe mid june.

As for a larger disc, that would be great but options are limited. Rears are complicated by needing to match parking brake drum diameter as well as bolt pattern and offset. The best bet if you wanted to try to get a couple more mm would be to find a two piece rotor for the sti and using the properly sized hat you could try to find some replacement discs that are a little larger. There is a bit of standardization in those discs so it should be possible.

Personally I am happy with it so far and don't have much motivation to continue refining it but welcome others to build on it. If I do anything else it would be to consider pushing bias farther rearward than stock with maybe a four piston rear but I doubt I will actually peruse it.

The effects on braking are actually more rearward bias than the calculations show because you are exerting the same force just farther out from the hub. Other than that higher brake pad wear because that same force now has (5*87)mm less area to wear. I am not too concerned about the wear because rear pads wear slowly enough to not be a meaningful expense to me.
etc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to etc For This Useful Post:
ajc209 (06-16-2017), BlaqkHavok (06-16-2017)