Old 07-13-2019, 11:54 PM   #7
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
Since my car is completely stock right now, should the first thing to save up for be an OFT? Im getting the feeling that I need that no matter what component I buy first. I am interested in getting an n1 exhaust and then headers, do I need an OFT to tune the car after those too?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NARFALICIOUS View Post
They may add/remove pumps in the future.

I use the AFDC site to find stations. it was good when I took a cross country trip, there was a big 350+ mile gap in my route.
https://afdc.energy.gov/stations/#/f...arest?fuel=E85

You can either:
- Get a flex fuel kit
or
- Have a tune loaded up for 93 and one for E85 so you can switch out if things don't go as planned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconic View Post
I am still really new to the club but I am super fascinated with the car and its potential. After seeing so much on e85 and the power that it can hold, I am really interested in getting it down the line. However I see a problem I expect a lot of others may have and I want to know whether they just ignore it and stock up or what their route is. The nearest e85 gas station is 17 miles away, aka there and back would cost almost 1/4 of a tank. In this case, is e85 just completely unfeasible or what?
Narf is correct.

Also to answer your question OFT has a flex fuel kit available now so I don't see why not. For the N1 only there really isn't a need for a tune.

For the headers they definitely need a tune.

Also even the stage 1 tune is a bit more peppier and has better performance even with a simple catback with the n1. I would get the n1 and OFT first so then you can dabble in e85 if you feel like it.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote