Thread: New BRZ vs Z
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2021, 03:50 PM   #42
gogriz91

Drives: '73 240Z, L-28, SUs, Konis, 5-speed
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I like the new Z. You can see the styling from the S30 and the 300 in it. Its going to have an option for more horsepower, hopefully, twin turbo. It's a re-badged G blah blah blah. The original Z had a version of the L motor out of the 510 with two more cylinders, the rear end was out of the Gloria, the styling borrowed from other GT cars. Comparing it to the BRZ is apples to oranges. The BRZ is a lighter momentum car, the Z will have more power at the cost of weight. After driving a 370 and dad's BRZ I can say the BRZ was more fun in the corners but it wasn't a comfortable seating position for me and you gotta give it the spurs to get it angry. The Z had a quicker, smoother power delivery but I never could figure out how much power I could carry into the turns. the seating position and the cabin was more comfortable, a better GT tourer than the BRZ for me.

To say one is better than another depends on what you want. I'm looking to buy my dad's BRZ when he cant get in and out of it anymore to keep it in the family. First thing I'll do is header, exhaust and a tune to clean up some lag. I may pick up a new Z second hand after they've been out a few years and clean up the bugs. I've had a first gen Z since 86, driving the BRZ is similar except for the brakes and the creature comforts.
gogriz91 is offline   Reply With Quote