View Single Post
Old 10-24-2019, 06:04 AM   #171
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
Nope. The alpha platform is amazing. The only thing I miss is the brake feel and brake pedal with the 86 and essex/ap racing brakes. The ZLE is better in every other way. Well... minus consumable cost. I'm not a "camaro guy" but the 6th gen ss 1le and better cars truly are amazing cars for the money. Even with the perfectly good brz sitting around I still take the Camaro to track days without regret. It's a brilliant car.
Hey thanks for pointing out the alpha platform. I actually went back and saw the reviews on this car wondering what made me overlook it.

Now I remember, it was the Ford Mustang GT350. I think both cars are somewhat comparable with me liking the GT350 purely for engine sound alone (which is subjective).

When I went shopping for a GT350, there was a C7 parked right next to it and I was thinking to myself, that's a very pretty car and looks much smaller next to the GT350 which I prefer. How come I never considered a Vette? then within a few weeks the C8 was announced. And now I'm here.

Ultimately, I think the C8 (once they sort out at least the understeer) is the better pick for me. I've experienced MR before and there is just something mystical about that platform.

The C8 got a ton of things right minus the understeer. The biggest among them also is the short gear ratios. I don't want to hit 80 MPH+ in 2nd gear, you don't get to enjoy rowing through them without getting arrested.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote