View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 03:05 PM   #8
FirstWinter

Drives: Car
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
You may be thinking about the Hipermax GT setup, which is the 'street' version of the Hipermax SP's - which ARE designed primarily for track use. I've been told they are very comparable to the Tein MonoSports, which are a level above the Flex A's you mention and again geared at track use.

I know these SP's are also raved about in the S2000 community.
Nope, the owners I spoke to were using the SP's. The Hipermax are targeted more so towards street use and if you are looking more into performance coilovers I would look elsewhere. A lot of things are raved about, but it does not mean it works for everyone.
Regarding the Flex A's I am speaking about CSG's custom valved Tein Flex A's which are different from the regular Flex A's.

Either way if I were OP, I would reach out to these companies directly to speak with them about a setup which works with OP's goals. You're about to spend a decent chunk of change you might as well get it right the first time.

@rmr This thread might interest you. Note this was from 4 years ago and since then the coilovers I mentioned in previous posts have been developed over the years and I think are better options than those available in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by finch1750 View Post
Racecomp had a used set of T2 for $1400 with OEM top hats on their FB for sale a couple days ago. Might be worth checking
Might be gone already I'm afraid. They were a steal!

Last edited by FirstWinter; 11-28-2018 at 03:20 PM.
FirstWinter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FirstWinter For This Useful Post:
rmr (12-02-2018)