strat61caster
-

Drives: '13 FRS - STX
Thanked 9,479 Times in 4,998 Posts
Mentioned: 94 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oofie View Post
Co-drove my first SCCA event this weekend with sfrauto and got hooked again. Drove in AS but saw a bunch of BRZs who were really quick.

Doing some research on maybe trying the STX class this year but don't have a car yet so also doing some looking. Found one for sale locally here on the forums but has a few modifications. Would any of these be legal?

Perrin Inlet Tube/Sound Tube Delete
Ace CS400 Header
Delicious Tuning Ace Header Tune (dyno tuned at Mann by Gary of Delicious)
CSG Touring86 Catback
Mann Engineering Type-25 Coilovers
SPC Rear Camber/Toe Arms
Brembo GT Brake Kit Front & Rear (uses 2004 STi 5x100 rotors and 2004-2015 STi pads)

Also a long shot, but would anyone here in the Bay Area let me co-drive their STX car? I'll pay for your event fees/gas/consumables and the opportunity. I'm a fairly competent driver, would be great to at least get to drive one before investing (buying a car and necessary parts/mods to be at least decent).
Spc camber arms would need a legal bushing, swap toe arms back to factory and it looks legal to me. You'll want to pick up camber plates, you'll want -4 degrees. Otherwise that looks like a great starting point for an stx car. Make sure you get stock parts and tuning stuff otherwise selling in ca will suck.

Post on the sfr solo Facebook page, all the stxers are on there, better chance someone with a car will see it. Codriver might not happen before covid is over though.
strat61caster is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strat61caster For This Useful Post:
oofie (02-21-2021)