View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 02:30 PM   #14
WatchmaN

Drives: the girls crazy
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultramaroon View Post
I bet the transmission is just super tight because it's a brand new build. The clutch is disengaging completely because the sound goes away when you push the clutch.

Maybe it's underfilled?

How far from the floor can you lift your pedal before the input shaft starts rotating? About an inch is good.

Don't worry about the throwout bearing. Your friend is wrong.

The sound you hear is exactly what Mike said. Lots of trannys do it. I say doublecheck the oil level, give it 5K to start breaking in, and post results. I'm staying subbed.

It's getting better at shifting so maybe it's just the breaking in of the clutch and tranny at the same time. I'm going for a long ride, i'll see if it's still doing that noise when hot. keep you guy's posted. But I will contact the dealer when the re-open to make sure, cause when they changed it Under warranty they said the would'nt do it again cause i'm FI.
Vortech SC(314hp/226tq), Perrin pully, Tanabe strut tower bar, Perrin exhaust, LP Tune, hsd coilovers, DTC-60 fr, hp+rear),track rubber RS3 and Continental :-), Forester oem oil cooler,Custom brake cooling kit. Driveway lab rear diffuser, Wasp front spliter, TRD canard/fenders.
WatchmaN is offline   Reply With Quote