View Single Post
Old 08-12-2020, 04:24 PM   #5
SUSPECT_BRZ

Drives: 2020 Subaru BRZ TS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPira7e View Post
Learning tuning itself is more of understanding the principles of what values generally you're going to need to adjust and what effect they have on the performance/drivability of the car.
Tuning isn't about knowing what the best AF/R is for power and pasting it across the whole map; I would suggest starting out by talking to some tuners and ask what generally they start looking at first in order to " tune" an engine. Maybe look up some guides on basic tuning with the platform you're into, and any time you see a phrase you can't say " I understand what that does and directly can affect", you look it up exhaustively. Like "LTFT" or "Injector Pulse-Width"

Learning how to tune yourself takes years and years of trial and error- something that's best not learned on a car you truly love.
I'm not intending to come across as discouraging or condescending - it's an arduous, stressful, long road that never ends.

EDIT::
Huh, HPAcademy has a giveaway going on. GIVEAWAY: ECUMaster PMU + Training Courses
Thanks for you insight! I could not agree with you more. Tuning is an art that is mastered over years of work, that's for sure. I would love to learn the basics and at least understand what I'm looking at. I know Delicious tuning make great tunes for our platform, so I guess I could get one from them and at least monitor the numbers myself until I am confident enough to do my own tuning. It is something I would really like to learn, at least how to base tune and make the car a little more fun to drive.

Or I could get a shitbox and tune it myself....decisions decisions....
SUSPECT_BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SUSPECT_BRZ For This Useful Post:
DarkPira7e (08-12-2020)