Time Traveller

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS - Raven
Thanked 3,416 Times in 1,677 Posts
Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
At least. I fully expect next summer. Have talked about it at length with Rob. It works well at my altitude but if anyone closer to sea level runs it they will easily max the controller out and go into shutdown mode all the time.

Right now i am pulling 290amps at 24v.... guys at sea level will see 320 at the same setup.

Just to squash any rumors....there is going to be a decent price gap between the two options assuming that the TQ300 does indeed come to market in the future.

Stock system TQ250 with 1.5 and aux charger is right around the 190A mark.....This can easily run on Robs production 4.5kw controller with a reasonable amount of reliability. As soon as you push up above the 6-7kw mark you are asking ALOT and there has to be safety margins to make sure the device lasts longer than a couple months before it burns out.

The TQ300 also demands alot more of the batteries...people who one day purchase this system will have to understand that it cant do the standard 1.5minutes before you are out of juice.
Thanks for all the extra info Fenton. I know you've been hard at work testing (torture isn't it? ). The above + the 6-12 mo timeline goes a long way to setting my mind at ease. I'll start a spring/summer 2015 fund just in case. I'm in with Phantom for the long haul.
DAEMANO is offline   Reply With Quote