Old 06-06-2014, 06:58 PM   #96
BRZZZZZZZZZZ
Car Nut

Drives: BMW 335d, Toyota Echo RS, FRS
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
That's weird. I make less than 30K a year, yet I own my own condo, have an FRS, and plenty still left in savings. There are plenty of ways to make money and plenty of smart ways to spend it. I lived at home till 27, which let me save up about 32k for my condo down payment by putting the money I would have been spending on rent into a savings account. Additionally, I bought my place at rock bottom price and excellent mortgage rate back in October 2012. Then after getting the insurance check from my last car, I put that plus my entire tax return down on the FRS. All of this means that my mortgage and car payments COMBINED are around $875/mo. I also live with two roommates in my place until my girlfriend moves in at the end of summer (at which point they will leave), so my mortgage/HOA/utilities are all split 2 or 3 ways.

There is no magic trick to making or having money. It's about being smart with when and how you spend it.
Pretty much the same deal here but with higher numbers for me. I lived at home until I was 22 and saved up, then put 20% down on a townhome. I get 50% of my mortgage payment every month back from renting my spare room. My mortgage and car payment alone cost me $1500 a month sadly.
BRZZZZZZZZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote