Old 05-20-2015, 10:46 AM   #25
NA_FRS86

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergen23 View Post
Too lazy to read the entire thread, but the way I saw it (in terms of break in and oil changes) I'm going with what the manufacturer has with their schedule. I asked my dealer about doing early fluid changes (engine, tranny and LSD) and he said just follow the schedule. I don't know whether it's because he didn't care, or he was busy at the time. (Although I believe it was just good advice, he's been very helpful every time I've asked about or for something). But in the end, if one of those parts fail, that's what warranty is for. And I sure as hell cant be put at fault for following the manufacturer's service schedule.
i actually just called the scion dealer and asked the mechanic the same thing. he responded with the same reply. i was told to just stick with the required maintenance schedule. i am going to assume the same thing and that its for warranty reasons. so far they have been very helpful so ima drive my FRS conservatively and limit my spirited runs till after my first tune up. on another note i did ask about adding mod parts that wouldn't void the warranty and he said as long as they are TRD parts and dealer installed it would not void the warranty. i have read previous post that have confirmed that but its just nice to know and reiterate the fact lol. it just hurts to see that they charge up the butt for installs
NA_FRS86 is offline   Reply With Quote