Old 09-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #910
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrockeezy View Post
Hello long time lurker here, so i'm planning on going to my first drift event; DDay56 at USAIR. BRZ is stock except for a track pipe and drop in filter.. Originally never thought I'd take this to a track but it's too fun to drive and Final Bout was insane.

Few questions:
- How many sets of tires should I expect to go through? Looking at some spares and sets of OEM wheels I might pick up. And knowing the lack of power..
- What are some decently priced helmet options?
- Things to expect at my first time at the track? Very new to the Chicago drift scene and there's gonna tons of experienced drivers lol
- Recently changed oil with OEM fluids, should I upgrade to something better?
-Ask @slava as he knows the track surface. I imagine one extra pair of tires would be good for the day.

- @Touge Factory is in Chicago and they carry HJC helmets and other options which won't break the bank. Some of which are SNELL approved too, so you'll never have to worry about not being able to drive at events that require SNELL approved helmets.

-Should be fine so long as you don't hit anything, but there isn't much to hit. Some of the areas might be a bit rough on the car if you go off track. Weak point on these cars are the axles. Provided the car isn't super low or you're running a lot of rear end grip, you should be fine. Just bring some basic tools and stuff at the very least. I always brought an extra axle with me just in case.

-I personally ran Motul for everything, but the first event I did was 2 weeks after I got the car, on OEM fluids, and the car did just fine.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TylerLieberman For This Useful Post:
2015firestormFRS (10-21-2015), CarzCarzCarz (09-22-2015), shifter907 (09-22-2015), Skidrcn (10-10-2015), Touge Factory (09-23-2015)