NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLSP View Post
It doesn't appear that any of us that have these chassis reinforcement parts claimed that they improve lap times. We (at least I) have only indicated that they improve feel/behavior and enjoyment of the car.

I've said this in another thead: I can admit and agree that these parts make little or no difference in lap times, but it does improve feel, confidence and fun if you care more about the driving experience rather than measurable numbers (e.g. if you don't track and just do canyon runs). I would put these parts in the same "feel-mod" realm as brake master cylinder braces, for example. They don't help you stop faster, but it certainly feels more solid and confidence-inspiring.
I just used lap times in my example, not saying anyone or everyone was claiming this. Most of the claims are about how X part improved handling, but no further explanation or quantitive data. Not solely referring to this thread either. My comment goes back to the perceived thought that improved feel = improved performance, when really improved feel just equals...improved feel. There is absolutely no problem with that, I just kind of roll my eyes at comments that insinuate an improvement in performance.
Ultramaroon (05-07-2021)