NoHaveMSG

Drives: Crapcan
Thanked 16,323 Times in 7,381 Posts
Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviticus Ezra View Post
I've spent countless amounts of hours, maybe even days at this point researching everything I possibly can for this car. I apologize for asking a question that gets asked quite frequently, I should have been more specific. I've looked into the CD09 swap. But it's just not the route I'm trying to take at the moment. I'm trying to do more bolt on mods oppose to DIY mods if that makes sense. It's a relatively newer car and I would like to do as little hacking as possible. Until it really needs to happen. I've read that people snap CV's like their twigs, it's an upgrade that's definitely coming soon. I know that these engines are ticking time bombs once under boost, I wouldn't have installed the turbo if I didn't want that to happen. I have a few supporting mods such as engine mounts, oil cooler, performance radiator and fans, silicone coolant hoses, stiffer trans mount, dual catch cans and I think that's about it. The intended goal is to eventually track the car reliably, be able to hit the streets and have some fun without having the constant paranoia of something (other than my engine) exploding.
Who's telling you CV's snap like twigs? The joint fails but it is not super common. Even NA tracking the car regularly servicing the CV's is something you have to do as the factory grease is poor and the exhaust runs right under the left side boot at the diff and the heat is hard on that one in particular. Lowering the car also puts more strain on the CV's so there may be more factors going on with guys who have "snaped a cv like a twig" then just the power they are making. I always bring a spare to the track.

Jacks Transmissions has upgrades that are well detailed, but it is about the same price if not more expensive then doing a cd09. Who knows how long they will last under the power you plan on making.

Edit: I keep a spare trans on hand even NA because I track my car. The syncro's are flimsy and they can be had for 400-600.

Last edited by NoHaveMSG; 01-31-2022 at 04:49 PM.
NoHaveMSG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NoHaveMSG For This Useful Post:
Poogchomp (01-31-2022), Tcoat (01-31-2022)