Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kALMIGHTY View Post
Attachment 43425

For some reason, there's a serious lack of reviews/owners of this exhaust, at least from what I've discovered by searching everywhere.

I haven't heard the exhaust in person yet, and even though I already have it ordered with my FR-S that's coming in two weeks from today, I really want to know what I should expect. All the videos of this exhaust seem to vary too much in sound, so it's hard to judge which is closest to true life.

I've driven the car with the stock exhaust on test drives 3 times, and it sounds pretty decent. A lot louder than my mom's 08 Civic (did you know civic backwards is civic? ) that I currently drive while I wait for my car.

I'm just asking people who own this exhaust relative how much louder is the exhaust, and how much nicer (deeper, more aggressive, throaty, sportier) it sounds compared to the stock exhaust?

I just want owners' opinions, or anyone who's hear the exhaust in person and can be as objective as possible (though subjective is appreciated too. I'm not hard to please). Don't try to convince me to get another exhaust because I won't (not being pretentious, I just don't want to because I'm leasing the car and prefer TRD parts, even if they're a bit more expensive).

If you have the exhaust in combination with the TRD cold air intake, feel free to throw in your opinion on that as well, because my car will have both of those parts.

Thanks!

From dyno tests it doesn't yield much HP compared to other cat-backs but those are from the vendors mouths so I am not sure that is legitimate to trust. Nor did the TRD CAI only 2.5 whp from this test:[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rr4VBkHYVUc"]2013 Scion FR-S Intake: TRD Dyno Test - YouTube[/ame]

But so many things could be incorrect with those dynos. As for the sound its much more of a deeper rumble at idle so you know its TRD I heard one on an FRS here in PA and upon start up its much less tin canny than stock sound more unrestricted.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote