View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 06:53 AM   #170
Kylejc1219

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrickingReallySlow View Post
Lets revive this project people! @Opie have you asked if they can sell you a shortblock now? or let someone with a 2022 GRZ order one for you with their VIN?

I think the major question is the still the machining of the head cylinder volume to get it back to the right compression
Although I know machining the combustion chamber in the cylinder heads is the best way to ensure the proper compression ratio, I have looked into a alternatives that MIGHT work.

So on the old ej20/25 fourms there were obviously different ways people went about doing it. Some people machined the heads, some used different pistons (probably what EMS tuning did), others said “fuck it” and just slapped the heads on the 25 block and probably had to run super conservative tunes. One thing I thought was an interesting idea was using a thicker head gasket. Grimmspeed currently sells a 1.45mm thick head gasket, which is over twice the thickness of the oem head gasket. My question is if someone were to reach out to grimmspeed about making a fa24 head gasket in that thickness, would it be enough to make the fa20/24 build viable without machining the combustion chamber?

Depending how the head work goes by op this way or way not be worth looking into further.
Kylejc1219 is offline   Reply With Quote