View Single Post
Old 04-22-2021, 09:29 PM   #14
RToyo86

Drives: 17 Asphalt 86
Thanked 2,206 Times in 1,128 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Got the new rubber mounted, then an alignment done.

Perfect day to mount 240tw tires.

Old PS4S heading to the bin. I didn't realize how terrible they rode the week I ran them. They were on the wear bars but they felt like hockey pucks over bumps.

Meatier Sidewall than I'm used too

The car got a detail afterwards. The city salted the roads even though there was no accumulation and were dry by 10am. My car was covered with salt by the time I got home. My fiance thinks I'm nuts for washing my car when it was only 4c outside at the time.(to my credit it was warming up)

Then went and had alignment done by an autocross guy who knows his stuff. Gave me his thoughts and went at it. Front camber gave him some trouble. He mentioned he had to loosen the crash bolt and camber bolt a lot then push back and forth on the wheel to get the crash bolt to slide back.

Need some time to feel out how the car handles but intial impressions are good. Car rides better than the primacy and way better than the hockey puck PS4S. Sidewall is noticeably stiffer. Turn in feel is great.

Edit:
Ordered white lineline KDT926 transmission bushing insert. Going to start with this then do the steering lockdown.

Last edited by RToyo86; 04-23-2021 at 11:08 AM.
RToyo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RToyo86 For This Useful Post:
Racecomp Engineering (07-15-2021)