Old 11-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #24
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by riboyster View Post
Why would you get something that loses boost over time? Wouldn't you want to stack to boost on the max hp range of the motor?
Coming from a realistic angle on this, having a 10psi boosted frs, I can reliably tell you guys that you're just gonna end up chasing the boost. I don't mean to sound critical, but you're realistically just going to end up being unsatisfied and buying a real kit anyway.
I'm just trying to save you all some money.
less cost? ease of install? less engine strain? no parasitic loss so lower boost goes a longer ways. being able to control when/if boost is being applied to help with gas mileage.

Yes, the current options available are intriguing but like i said either need a slightly lower price point or slightly greater boost potential, at the moment a traditional turbo/supercharger does seem to be a better option.

But i think this thread was started to discuss the potential beneficial applications like using in conjunction with turbos to eliminate turbo lag, or what the systems could potentially be in 5-10 years with newer technologies.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86TOYO2k17 For This Useful Post:
riboyster (11-03-2018)