View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 06:15 PM   #10
Evan55

Drives: 06 Exige, 17 BRZ PP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by N_Raged View Post
I've contacted Powerstop customer service before and they said that the PST (non-Spec) and PSA (Spec) models are the same compound which does not make sense. The one visual difference I can see from the product photos is that the PSA comes with shims and the PST do not. Add to the fact that user reviews reported that PST fades sooner than the PSA.
Powerstop customer service would not give me a straight answer why the rear fitment for the PP Brembo comes in both PSA and PST but the front only comes in PST. Non-brembo fitments are fine though - both PSA and PST are available front and rear.
I had a similar interaction over the same question and came away with the conclusion that Powerstop customer service doesnt know their own product line. When I contacted them about if they were planning on releasing the Spec pad for the (very common) Front Brembo caliper on the PP, they were unaware that Spec even existed.

Its safe to assume they field calls from lifted F150 owners and hard parkers all day and the track pads are a pretty small portion of their business.

Bad customer service notwithstanding, the Track Day pads are pretty darn good. IMO most track day enthusiasts will never even outgrow them, and will save a ton of money over more hardcore race pads.
Evan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Evan55 For This Useful Post:
N_Raged (08-06-2020)