Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG Mike View Post
The only reason I don't add noise, is because the noise is eliminateable (is that a word?) on EVERY pad, given proper bedding... but proper bedding isn't always possible.

I've managed to bed the most aggressive pads known to man on the s2k (undersized brakes), while I'm unable to properly bed a mild enduro pad with the BBK on the BRZ. In this case, the brakes are simply "too good" for the amount of kinetic energy that the BRZ can build up and needs to dissipate while slowind down.

Even "hybrid" street pads like the Project Mu HC+800 and Hawk HP+ will screech like a dying pig if they're improperly bedded...
Essex does have a nice burnishing room.. I wonder how much it'd cost to have them bed a set of C300's against new rotors, then just switch rotors and pads like the old days when I wasn't lazy.

Hmm I'd probably just buy new rotor hats too, I know I'm too lazy to bother switching the hats over.

To a point I agree on the noise, mine showed an even layer across the rotor and still scream like a banshee, but later they didn't show as even. :shrug: Mine were smoking like mad during bed in too but I never got them to catch on fire.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote