Texas BRZ
Sports Car = Anti-Drug

Drives: 2014 Honda CBR600RR
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'll quote my post from the other thread to save some effort for myself:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas FR-S View Post
Wanted to add / correct on my previous post.

Just completed my 6th event with this specific car, and the new stock pads lasted me one full two-day event (also 2-3k daily driving miles), and then went out completely after two additional 25 minute sessions during the next event. Was in a semi-advanced run level with basically a stock FR-S and was keeping pace very well... But I would no longer recommend the OEM pads for the front if you are anywhere near an Intermediate skill level. A complete first-day novice should be fine, but depending on how fast you progress with the learning, you will need to stay cautious, indeed.

I switched to Ferodo DS2500 pads soon after my two sessions were up, and they held up very well for the next 6 sessions which followed through the next day. I'm still on stock rear pads, and they seem to be doing okay for now.

Just in case you're curious, I ordered the Ferodo DS2500's from Chris @MAPerformance for a special FT86Club price.

Next step for me is to go for Carbotech XP10's all around along with tires upgraded to Dunlop's Star Spec ZI/II's. Will post a review on those pads and tires later in the future...

Hope my feedback helps some folks.

Sorry for the thread jack, OP...

Texas BRZ
Texas BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote