jflogerzi

Drives: 2013 Series 10 6MT FR-S
Thanked 2,013 Times in 1,457 Posts
Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedodger View Post
Nice driving. Good time, and very clean and tidy.

Depending on how much risk you want take, it looks like you could get a little closer to the limit in the corners.

The best way to get more comfortable with larger slip angles in to spend some time on the skidpad/drift course/Fastsideways.com/ learning to get the car into oversteer on corner entrance and exit. You can also do this on some of the safer corners on track, but it just takes longer. You need to practice skid recovery until it's automatic. These car control skills will make you safer, and faster.
Of course, hand placement will also help you find center, after a big oversteer event!
Getting ride-a-longs with faster drivers is also helpful to see what they do differently.
You should joint the rest of the 86's at Thunderhill East on Dec 11th w/ SpeedSF.com
Have fun.
all solid advice. Plus with this being my daily still(trying to change this but need a tow/truck as a daily) I can't afford to wreck this car yet I live near the Porchse experience center in CA and I am planning to get some time on the skid pad for sure!
2013 Series 10 FRS #553
RCE T2's, SPC LCAs -4/2.6 camber
JDL 4-2-1 EL, FP and OP, Tuned by Zach@CSG on e85
RR Wilwood Front/Rear Sport BBK, Motul 600 Fluid
ARC-8 17x9 SX2 GTs 245s/Koing 17x8 v730's 225's
jflogerzi is offline   Reply With Quote