View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 08:55 AM   #1147
Yoda

Drives: Crystal Black BRZ(Sophia)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe's86 View Post
This might have been posted awhile, but I'm not about to read all the pages again

Anyone pushing 300s on pump and 400s on E85 / WM on a stock motor care to comment how many miles you guys are at now with and without being boosted? . Not that I don't believe freddy, but it's always nice to hear the miles!
I think you need to identify how much risk you are willing to take on. The car does not come FI from the factory nor are you building the engine. If you want the safest possible then you would be at about 250whp according to Cosworth. They did some engine bench testing and concluded that is the safe limit that engine can handle without degrading much. I would have to conclude that above that you are now taking on some risk that goes up as the power level increases. A proper sorted tune mitigates that risk in proportion to how well the tune is.

The reason I say this is because tunes can vary so the mileage you get out of the kit will also vary. Just don't want you to think that just because someone got 80k miles out of the kit that you can just assume you will also get similar results. I have been burned by that logic before on previous projects. Just sharing some knowledge to help you better as many have done for me. So in short focus on the tune, not just any tune, the best tune. I know I didn't answer your question but food for thought.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:
Hicklinc (01-29-2018)