Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kthxbai View Post
Dealership Name: Daytona Toyota
State: Florida
City: Daytona Beach
Brand: Scion
Salesman to talk to: Craig Lattz, Seymor Small*, Joe (Manager)
Reference desired: N/A
Allocation left? If so, how many as far as you know: 2 - Whiteout Manual (loaded with options) & Firestorm Automatic

Details of your experience with the dealership: My fiance and I made an inquiry to Daytona Toyota based on their score on www.dealerrater.com last week. I made an appointment with Craig Lattz for Sunday, Dec. 9th at 12pm as he stated he found me a manual Whiteout within my price range being allocated to his dealership by the end of the month (he even provided a VIN#). When we arrived, Craig was nowhere to be found and his colleagues really couldn't tell us where he was. I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was on another sale as we did arrive approximately 10 minutes late due to traffic.

We were helped by Seymour Small, which honestly this write up does not apply to him as he was a stand up guy and helped us with all the questions HE had answers to. Seymour pulled the whiteout manual they currently had in stock off the show room floor for us to test drive. When we were done we reiterated to him that this was no the car we came to look at and that Craig had located a car for us. This is when his manager Joe stepped in and told us that the specific car with the VIN# number Craig provided NO LONGER EXISTED and that he couldn't even find where this car was even located. He kept pressing us to consider the Whiteout Manual he had in stock (which was loaded up to the T at close to $29,000) and when we stated that the only way we could even begin conversation was if he would work with us to lower the dealer fee. This is when he gave us some sap story about how each dealership has to "stay a float" some how, it would be a class action law suit if he took the fee off completely, and that every dealer in Florida charges a fee (which is not true, i.e Sun Toyota in Holiday, Florida). At this point he said there was nothing more he could do for us and so we left.

So in the end, never met with Craig; Seymour tried to help us and Joe was less than gracious to work with. Morale of the story is do your research and don't believe everything you read on a site like www.dealerrater.com to be true.
I had a similar experience with this dealership, but never actually went there. I contacted them by email and asked them to send me a detailed price breakdown of all cars they had in stock. I asked for this thee times, finally got a total price, but no breakdown. They call ALL the time though. I told them I bought my FRS already and to stop calling me. I got another call yesterday. This is a month after I bought my freakin car (from a dealership in Ohio, Kasper Toyota. Paid MSRP, NO DEALER fees, and shipping to Florida, which was still cheaper than paying MSRP and the dealer fees down here) and told them to leave me alone. Total sleazebag place IMO run by idiots.
Chaetagnath is offline   Reply With Quote