Old 08-27-2019, 05:49 PM   #4
Jyn
Noob

Drives: FR-S Mammogram
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Spaulding View Post
Thanks and thanks. Looks interesting. Will have to do more research. It's too damn hot right now, and probably will be until about the time the F1 circus rolls into town.

Appreciate any additional feedback anyone has to offer.
Don't know if you are on Facebook, but posting in Austin 86 Club will get faster responses.

Driveway Austin is a neat little place broken into 3 configurations -- L1 is a short (think, go-kart) course; L2 is a little bit longer with slight elevation changes; L3 is a full road course with some turns taking elements from popular tracks.

In order to qualify for the "member open days," you have to take the Fundamentals class (taught on the L1) and the advanced class. Each class is something like $500-$600 if I remember correctly.

Overall, I personally don't really enjoy the L1 as it's very short (~35s laptimes). I haven't taken the classes so I haven't driven the L2 or L3, but I've heard good things about them. Just look at the schedule to see if it'd be worth the investment to you and if the open sessions align with your availability (most common use case is the weekday lunchtime sessions for $20).