View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 07:44 PM   #1
ndesocio

Drives: 2017 Toyota 86 - Oceanic
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Squeaking noise from clutch pedal. TOB has already been replaced under warranty.

So I've been having this issue for months. I've tried different things to get rid of it but nothing has worked effectively so far... my clutch pedal makes this scrathing/squaking noise when depressed, every single time. This happens with the engine on or off. It happens with the engine cold or warm (although the more you drive, the less you feel it but it's definitely still there). The car has 46500 miles, and it's a 2017 model.

Before you say it's a bad factory throwout bearing, the factory TOB was replaced under warranty by a Toyota Dealership. Twice. The first time was because it was a bad factory part, and the second time it was because the noise came back after a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the car is now out of warranty and I can't bring it to the same dealership again to make the same fix for the third time, especially knowing that the noise will most likely come back. I've tried lubricating the fork and slave cylinder with white lithium grease but only works a little bit, doesn't get rid of the scratching completely and wears out after a few days.

I don't know what else to do besides just doing a whole clutch, TOB, pressure plate and flywheel replacement, but even then I fear that won't make the noise go away. Any advice?
ndesocio is offline   Reply With Quote