Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I just got finished with work so here we go,

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuldajin View Post
with E85...
Yes, the E85 aspect was already discussed. I will have Dylan fix his labels however. He is a front office guy, and wasn't in the back with the dyno so might not be 100% clear on it. He was just putting up the numbers we had for today to keep the board informed.

Unfortunately we couldn't get fine tuning on the pumpgas tune I had in time, so we opted for another solution. It was a solid job done by Tony @FA20Club.com on short notice. The car is my DD, and we were restricted by my work schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djliquidsteele View Post
Any sound clips of the two? Trying to figure out if I want to go full catless or not since I also have a @MachV Muffler delete. Having a hard time finding any sound clips.
I did record a video or 2 that I haven't had the chance to post yet. As a person new to the tuning scene, and also as someone who drives this car 70+ miles a day (i put 1200 miles on the catless in 10 days), the catless was at the edge of my tolerance level. For someone who likes loud cars, or will use it only for track purposes (or has the intent to upgrade to turbo)... Go for it.

With the catted version there was only a small sacrifice of performance vs a large gains in daily comfort. For Daily use, I highly recommend getting the latter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue86 View Post
I have a resonated muffler delete and a high flow secondary cat. It's silly loud already. I would hate to think what full catless might sound like
Not to knock the product but ^ this...

So, in this thread we have a few dynos to look at. We have my car stock as the baseline, then catless header replacement + full P&L exhaust, and the newest version of the Visconti 93 pump tune (untuned for the header).

Next there is the @FA20Club.com e85 catless tune. This is a solid basemap for this header. There is still power out there to be had. once again, I was limited by my work. Also, it was my first E85 fill up, and going by fractional blending it was about 8% 93, with the rest being 105 octane e85.

The third dyno is the @FA20Club.com e85 catted tune. This one is close to 100%. Short of him being there and spending an hour on minor tweaks it is ready to go. For this I drained the car to below E, put in 2 gallons of 85, then drained it below E again, and filled it up for 12.5 gallons, so it's essentially 100% 85.

All dyno pulls were done in 4th gear, and to satisfy questions about the torque dip we started pulls at 2k rpm. I didn't want my engine lugged by doing 4th pulls lower than that.

Also, we ran the runs after a flash and idle doing 4 consecutive pulls, all of them nearly identical, with minor HP gains as the ecu learned.

If anyone has any other questions or concerns, ask away.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hawaiian For This Useful Post:
tripjammer (02-20-2013)