Old 06-29-2022, 08:52 PM   #248
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,014 Times in 1,856 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredzy View Post
Nah youll be fast as hell in anything! Unless you’re alluding to tuning… This is generally a problem for me. Still I’ll give it a go if we do it (I feel bad for not doing 1st gen )

I remember in GT5 days going into lobbies I’d ham-fistedly tune my car up to max specs and not be competitive at all. Figured oh well I suck. GT6 quick match same thing… until I tried some of the events where you could only use a set selection of loaner vehicles. Found myself out front with surprising regularity! Turns out tuning can make worlds of difference and I was hopeless at it. Lots of tricks, unrealistic adjustments that would never be faster in real life. I learned just what I needed to be competitive. When GT Sport came it was different, I copied tunes but never really learned it. Haven’t bothered since.
Haha, I don't mind tuning. I'm not the best at it, and tune a car towards my racing preference (slightly over steer). I actually tend to get tuning mods rather than power assets in racing games.

Back with the original GT and GT2, I knew nothing about tuning cars. Shoot, I had never driven a car at that point yet. I played around with the different adjustments and figured out how each setting affected the car. Didn't really know the mechanics behind them, but just x affects the car in this or that way.

I don't really use group 1 and higher racing cars, so I'm not used to how they drive. Pretty sure I wouldn't be the fastest if we had to use those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Haha still required to use 86/BRZ. Just unlimited mods.
Ooooh, nice. Should be interesting. I'll have to actually mod mine then and get used to it. Haha
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
fredzy (06-30-2022), ichitaka05 (06-29-2022)