Racecomp Engineering

Drives: 2016 BRZ, 2012 Paris Di2 & 2018 STI
Thanked 7,241 Times in 2,962 Posts
Mentioned: 303 Post(s)
Tagged: 9 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Racecomp Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatFlip View Post
In competitive racing, everybody cheats one way or another, its just the ones that get caught who get penalised. Subaru never abandoned rallying (hence their ongoing support to privateers, global rallyx's and rally America), its just that the WRC changed its rules to encourage short wheelbase, small displacement turbo charged cars.

Happy to see Toyota in the game either way. With Tommi Makinen heading up their effort and participating in a couple of divisions( bringing the 86 and the Yaris), they are looking pretty serious. There are some rumors that they are trying to bring Peter Solberg in as well as a Dakar effort.
I agree with everything except the first line. There's pushing the boundaries and maybe interpreting the rules differently, and then there's the turbo restrictor that they designed. Doesn't matter now though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanakuso View Post
I always thought they left so they can join F1
That actually was more of it I think. They did get back to WRC with their badass Corollas for a few years after the cheating ban. But then they focused on F1 and also LeMans with the GT-One.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav1178 View Post
Yup, I was lucky enough to see the TRD ST205 WRC car when I was Yokohama last month on a visit to TRD HQ.
Crap, I should have done that when I was there!

- Andrew
Racecomp Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote