View Single Post
Old 04-25-2016, 04:17 PM   #82
VitViper

Drives: '15 FRS
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by #maverick# View Post
As some one who has close to 100 passes on the street at near 500 whp, on surfaces from fresh asphalt to prepped concrete, hooking it in first and and sometimes half of second is a challenge, and this is with a 15" wheel and a 26" drag, albeit stock suspension. They only way got it to kind of hook first was by spraying concrete down with pimp juice, setting it on fire, and then throwing some rubber down with a fat smokey burnout.

You guys are having a great big miscommunication for what I can see.
"100 passes on the street" -- are these some sort of street racing events? If you're dumping the clutch from high RPM and breaking the tire loose, any car will have traction issues... This is not the same thing as laying into it in 1st gear and letting the car go. You sound like you're intelligent enough to understand the difference.

The 1000hp K20 MR2 we work on runs a 225/50/15 MT ET Street and his car dead hooks over 600whp in 1st gear, lol.

Not being able to hook a measly 500hp on the street is a FWD problem... when running a boring summer street tire. 26" radials on my 910whp Civic hook a lot of power, just fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
What exactly is my agenda? I'm not selling anything here. How is stating that the FA20 will not last long at 500hp have anything to do with a agenda???
If me posting your exact quotes is twisting things I am guilty but you said it not me. If you misspoke that's on you not me. Quit trying to back out of what you said man up. Look I'm not hating on you, stop making it personal. You say things you have absolutely no knowledge on then call me dense and say I'm a troll without ever going back and clarifying any of your comments.. Do you even know how that makes you look? You dig your hole deeper like that, I would love to know more about what your doing, and ideas you have to make this platform greater but no way in hell am I going to sit here and let you speak to me like this. Nor would I expect you too either. I'm not trolling I just refuse to take your shit and you cant handle it.....I suggest we move on and stop with the excuses and trolling comments along with the personal attacks.
You're paraphrasing what I state to suit your own angle. Waste of my time to keep going back and forth with you. Simple fact, this is a Flex Fuel car that at the driver's needs (mine) will go back and forth in a range of power as low as 300whp and just shy of 500whp (~485-490whp on 18psi) with our baseline dyno of 150whp for this car stock.

When E85 is available, it gets used. When it's not available and the tank is low, it gets filled with 92 octane. What do you do when you're about to run out of fuel and you're 160 miles from home? Call a tow? LOL

That's all there is to it. No one can tell us when this motor will break. Sure it'll break eventually -- I've already stated several times: WHO CARES? Clearly you do... lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRS Justin View Post
EDIT: I did find one thing I like ALOT about your tuning. That's your anti-lag, its one of the better ones I have seen, comes on quick and it's clean. How many psi can you make?
As much as I want -- I've made as much as 36psi on a 64mm turbo with this anti-lag on other cars in ~.5-.7 seconds or so. Never pushed the FRS past 12psi on the anti-lag, no need.
VitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VitViper For This Useful Post:
FRS Justin (04-25-2016)