Old 08-02-2013, 03:44 AM   #107
Porsche

Drives: 2013 BRZ Ltd. MT
Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezoris View Post
Life of Car - for 12k Miles

The car's life is 90% at 2000RPM. With 4 full RPM runs through 1-2nd roughly 290 days per year.

With additional 40 days being slightly more aggressive (weekends etc.)
Thanks.

You're driving harder than I have. I think perhaps I can rest easier now, seeing how you drive, and the resulting condition of your injectors (which look fine to me, not on the verge of melt-down), it all suggests that for my driving conditions ... I need not be so concerned.

My car was purchased right off the truck in May 2012, so it's an early build and I've been concerned with the reports of serious problems.

The history on your car suggests that, indeed, driven as most of us are likely to drive it, we are unlikely to melt our injector seals, never mind blow our engines. I'm back to thinking that these problems are more likely to arise for those who drive their car in track-like conditions wherever that may be. I suspect that cumulative heat build-up may be the major factor, not the occasional brisk, redline shifts.

Again, thanks, Dezoris, for the time and effort that you've expended sharing your experiences with us. This thread has been THE single most reassuring thread I have read concerning this issue.

I feel relieved.
Porsche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Porsche For This Useful Post:
Dezoris (08-02-2013)