View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #106
Dezoris

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 2,997 Times in 1,095 Posts
Mentioned: 159 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Porsche @thill

I want to just plainly say that, I bought into the fact there maybe a serious issue with the car's DI seals. It started to eat away at me and made me question driving the car.

One of the biggest annoyances on here and the internet in general is that people do a lot of talking but don't provide much info. @regal not offense man I know you have have been dealt a raw deal but if you honestly believe you have an issue at some point you are going to have to eat crow and pull these injectors on your own. If you don't have that ability, roll the dice and have the dealer inspect them on your dime, If you are right, and the seals are toast they will cover the cost no out of pocket on your end.

As it stands right now we have a hand full of guys with serious issues, some of the main ones are hard core track guys, hundreds (maybe thousands) of laps on the board. Others with the issue there is virtually no information about why or how. Too many variables. At the end of the day it's my belief as long as you are not out running time trials every weekend on the track and WOT 70% of the time just drive the car like you want to. Eventually, the ECU will get updated and it will appear on a rainy day when Toyota decides to release it.
If you start to have a seal failure I do believe based on the design of these injectors you will get symptoms that will worsen and can be re-created under certain load conditions.

If you seals start to fail the car is not going to just blow up does not work that way.

There is more than one seal on the injector, they are torqued down to the insulators and backup rings for normal driving you may never notice the primary seals are compromised. But higher load situations will cause pressure to blow past those insulators and backup rings and you will get symptoms almost all of the time.