View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #100
Mikem53

Drives: FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying the issue is only related to shifting.

My seals are blown and I've never shifted from 3rd into 4th at redline, that's way over the speed limit where I live.

However I have on many occasion taken a rural curvy road at 5k+ in 2nd and 3rd rpm letting on/off throttle for several miles. And I am sure many others have done this too. This is not reckless driving.

The fact that the nurburgring rental firms have completely dropped this platform is worldwide news and this issue needs addressed. Its a huge red flag.

I stood by with the CEL issue , was the first to publicly post that a simple ECU flash will fix and not to panick. But this DI issue is a serious problem. But I am seriously looking at replacing the seals myself and getting out from under this car before word spreads and resale tanks.

I waiting 4 years following this car's development but a low milage MR-S or S2k sounds so good right now.
How do you know you seals are blown? Did you pull them to see?
If you have popping noises at idle and other times.. Then you should be able to take it in under warranty and have them take care of it. Try another dealer if they aren't taking you seriously.
I don't have any popping noises.. I drive it hard above 5k rpms and shift all the time.. Every chance I get.. And I don't have any issues.. And there are tens of thousands of others out there doing the same.. Seems some early builds have this issue.. A handful compared to the amount sold... Seems like an isolated issue to me.. If it were a design issue.. Then we would be seeing a lot more of these problems and they would be easily duplicated.
Mikem53 is offline   Reply With Quote