mpross

Drives: 2015 Scion FRS
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Thanks for the replies everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estey View Post
I have the same issue. Ive come to the conclusion that its the pillow ball mounts. All the honda guys have solved this issue by replacing the top hats. I also called buddy club and they said the preload should not be set. the spring should be at 150mm, and the top nut should be torqued to 35-40ft/lbs. but I have no idea how to do that without the strut spinning lol. A possible solution may be adding some sort of lubricant to the pillow balls? but idk, Im in the same boat as you.

As for the rears, I have no idea. I have no problems with the rears.. yet.
I spoke with the technical guy at BuddyClub last night and he told me the same thing. I'm going to go back and double check it, but I don't think that 150mm is going to do the trick. I remember the spring being compressed to about 5.8" total length and that's about 150mm :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoma View Post
the only option I can think of in that case is to have the top nut finger tight and then drop your car onto the garage floor so that it is under load. then tighten the top nut until it is tight even if the shock tube spins a little. as long as the top nut is tight and won't work itself loose, I doubt it will pose a problem even if it is not at the recommend torque specs. having the shock tube rotate a little won't harm it either, but if it rotates like 180 or 360 then you might have some problems
Even with it on the ground it'l spin around and around if you use a wrench on it. So far using a 20v impact is the only thing I've been able to do to keep it from spinning. I'm pretty positive they're at the required torque for those bolts
mpross is offline   Reply With Quote