Old 03-23-2015, 01:36 PM   #81
53Driver
T64-416Ax3=13,140shp

Drives: 2002 AP1 and 2015 F-150 EB (DD)
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Love this thread as I'm a hair trigger away from buying either the BRZ or S2k but the problem is that up here in Canadia, they can be much harder to find unmolested and nowhere near as good prices as what you guys have access to. I found a 2004 S2k with 65,000km / 40,390 miles (for $26,500 CAD - very clean and bone stock.

Ho-ing and humming on that one.
Well, I think the decision ultimately comes down to personal wants/needs. If you want/need something "newer" with a warranty or if you want/need a back seat (though it's pretty much useless other than for small kids or stuff) or if you want/need a coupe then the answer should be obvious. Also, the road noise was more pronounced in the S2000 and rear tires need to be replaced more often (which exacerbates the road noise as the rear tires wear down). Do you haul a lot of stuff? Will this be your one and only vehicle? The only real reason I can afford to get rid of my FR-S and get an S2000 again is that I have another vehicle to rely on for transportation. So these are all things you should consider when making the purchase.

If it were me starting out with a fresh start and I had 25K to spend, I would spend 15K on as nice of a S2000 I could find and spend the other 10K on a nice used econo car that way I would have a vehicle for everday use and one to have fun with.
53Driver is offline   Reply With Quote