View Single Post
Old 04-07-2021, 02:05 PM   #29
BrettRS

Drives: 2016 Ford Focus RS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks @Ultramaroon @pope and @Tcoat for all the help in the this and the other thread yesterday.

I have gone ahead and ordered to EPS steering motor + ' column ECU ' from this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/293700450530 . For posterity for all of you in the internet future, I will attach a screenshot of this Ebay listing so you can visually see the two pieces that I ordered. I am not 100% sure this is for a push-button start, like my car is, so if it is the wrong part, I will add that to my next follow-up after I receive the parts.

I've asked the seller to reach out to me so I can provide a label for next day shipping, so I can get it in before the weekend -- we'll see what happens with that request.

Depending on when I get the parts, I'll provide some follow-up. Plan is to install both, hopefully have the failure scenario presented by @pope (EPS works but new warning lights come on, no traction control, etc), and then will take it to the dealer for calibration with techstream.

I am sure I will be back with questions on how to pull the EPS motor, but there is another thread relating to pulling the EPS motor that is on Page 1 of this thread and it includes detailed instructions for doing it to get rid of a rattle, so I'm hopeful I can follow along and get both pieces replaced by myself.

At the sage advice of my advisors on this topic, I will be asking the dealer to NOT complete the valve spring recall, either when I take it in for techstream calibration or when I fail at this fix and tell them to go ahead with the steering column replacement.

Thanks again for the help everyone, sorry for being a bit of a pest (of course, only when I need something) in the daily thread.
Attached Images

1996 Mazda B4000 Pick-Up Truck
1987 Bertone X1/9 Convertible
BrettRS is offline   Reply With Quote