Old 08-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #43
everythingsablur

Drives: 2016 Scion FR-S RS 2.0
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedSilly View Post
take a pic of the mpg calculator on the car when im cruising on highway trips and show that im roughly getting in mpgs
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedSilly View Post
haha, i dont know how to calculate mpgs... ok. stay on your high horse. and i never said it was 100% accurate. i said, id show what the car is telling me.
The car's estimated fuel usage while you are driving??? that will literally tell us nothing unless you can also give us you speed, your exact RPM, duration at that RPM, amount of throttle being applied, what gear you are in, wind speed, wind direction (head wind, tail wind, cross wind), incline/decline of the road, the grip and drag coefficient of your car, That is a dynamically calculated estimate of fuel economy at that exact moment if you were to prolong that exact combination of everything above. I've seen it hit over 50L/100km under hard acceleration, which is a fantastic 4.7 mpg. That's terrible fuel economy, but I know it's like that for all of 5-10 seconds tops.

The only way to accurately see fuel economy is to start at a full tank, drive until you feel like refilling the tank, log that mileage, find the difference between a full tank (13.2 gallons or 50L) and how much you filled up, then calculate the fuel economy based on what you filled versus how much you traveled in that amount of fuel.
2016 Scion FR-S Release Series 2.0 #170/1000
everythingsablur is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to everythingsablur For This Useful Post:
menikmati (08-19-2016)