Old 06-09-2021, 03:39 PM   #11
Irace86.2.0

Drives: Q5 + BRZ + M796
Thanked 5,805 Times in 3,299 Posts
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by serialk11r View Post
It really needs to differentiate itself from a Porsche somehow, i.e. much lighter. The Evora failed on that.
That, and as good as the Exige 430 Cup was, paying that much money for so much less doesn’t make sense. Like I get that the Lotus will provide a better experience for the enthusiast, and it is so much lighter, but they need to add and not just subtract for that type of money or reduce the price. There is just so much technology, build quality and features of a 911 that Lotus needs to surpass it with carbon fiber, titanium, magnesium, built motor, sequential gearbox or something amazing to balance out the lack of technology. Just omitting components to save weight should also come with a lower price.

It kind of sounds like Lotus might be moving away from being a boutique manufacturer to something more akin to a major manufacturer in quality and production. I wouldn’t be surprised if a crossover or sedan was in the works to help bring revenue into the company, which can help to support their sports cars by having shared components and bringing down the costs through economies of scale.
Dzmitry (07-07-2021)