Old 10-17-2020, 12:01 AM   #113
serialk11r

Drives: '06 AM V8V Coupe
Thanked 1,074 Times in 759 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
I finally got to drive an S2k today.

Cabin space falls in between Miata and FRS/BRZ. I'm a bit over 6' and I still need a lower seat in the S2k, but I am very sure the Miata would still be uncomfortable with a low seat. There's no headroom and no space to push the seat back in the Miata, while the S2k had space behind me to spare. How the 6'2" guy down the street drives his stock Miata everyday to work is a mystery to me. Obviously, the BRZ has by far the most space in any way you can measure.

Acceleration is underwhelming in the S2k, and the better engine noises don't really make up for it (I am surprised I'm saying this given how much I value revs and engine noise). Still, better than the BRZ, which has no traction, no power (I tuned my car and tried running with 30% ethanol, so I know how it feels with ~215hp on tap), and sounds horrible. An ND with bolt-ons and tune ranks number 1 IMO.

Interior quality the S2k beats the Miata narrowly. Both are very pleasant cabins, assuming you fit in the Miata.

Steering feel on the S2k is numb, worst out of the three, but it's not really a dealbreaker for me.

Chassis on the S2k seems to be quite rigid based on the few bumps I drove over. The ND isn't as floppy as I expected but it does flex a bit. BRZ is pretty rock solid since it has a roof.

Overall, I liked the S2k especially considering it was bone stock, but it really wasn't as exciting as the internet said, and the prices these days are ludicrous. I don't think I'll be buying one anymore if the prices don't come down.

Last edited by serialk11r; 10-17-2020 at 01:02 AM.
serialk11r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to serialk11r For This Useful Post:
HachiRokuX (10-17-2020)