colin88

Drives: 2013 Toyota 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowmow View Post
Hello all,

Sorry for the noob questions, but here goes:

1) I can't keep wheel weights on at the track. I've tried tape (duct, Gorilla, and 3M foil), but the adhesives just melt. Next up is 3M high temp foil, but haven't tried that yet. The vibrations are diabolical when the weights inevitably fall off. I asked guys at the track, and got a range of answers from "use tape" to "I don't balance my track wheels because weights just fall off and the tire moves on the rim anyways, and you pick up rubber, etc.". Suggestions?

2) Last track day, in the last session, I got a clicking when under braking and turning left. I had enough time to quickly "play" with it, and adding steering or braking intensified the sound. I'm going to check the CV axle, wheel bearings/hubs. It sounded like front left...but hard to tell. Anything else I should look at? I had an off track excursion through a grassy field that was fairly smooth and uneventful (turn 10 at VIR).... relatively ... but you also jump FIA "gator" curbs at real speed there, which seems like it puts a beating on the car.

3) I keep getting "warped rotors" - I've read/heard that its likely pad deposits. I try to be vigilant about not stopping and holding the brakes when they are super hot, using the hand brake, etc. I try to take a cool down lap when possible, and cruise through the paddock for a few "laps". Ideas?

Thanks all... cure me of my ignorance. [emoji106]
Your not meant to run weights at the track. At least here in w.a. they are banned for safety reasons

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
colin88 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to colin88 For This Useful Post:
slowmow (10-07-2020)