View Single Post
Old 09-17-2020, 08:46 AM   #1
Krawl

Drives: Looking...
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New With Questions

Guys... sorry for the newbie questions. I dont have a FRS/BRZ but maybe soon.

Right now, my toy is a 2018 Camaro ZL1. Picked it up to do AutoX and some Track Days but the longer I have it and the more I drive it, just not sold. Plus, not sure how I feel about learning more about track life in a $60K car. So, we are thinking of selling it. Have enough equity in it to build a pretty nice FRS/BRZ but before we jump in head first, have a few questions. I posted here as our main goal for the car is AutoX/Track Days/TT...maybe drift (we will see) but with something we can still drive on the weekends. Not a daily. Fun weekend mountain car. And something we can do some car shows and Cars & Coffee type events.

1. FRS/BRZ, any real difference and should we go one over the other?

2. The ZL1 is a Auto 10 speed trans. What is the auto in the FRS/BRZ? Does it have paddle shifters? Do you guys recommend the auto or manual for the track? I know your not a man if you dont drive a manual but the A10 in the ZL1 shifts a LOT faster than anyone can a manual. Didnt know how the auto stacks up in these cars and everyone's thoughts.

3. Anything we need to stay away from when looking for a FRS/BRZ? Anything we need to look out for? Looking for something stockish to build it. We (our company) are dealers for all major brands so we plan on doing everything ourselves.

4. Once we get a FRS/BRZ, where should we start? Any "Must Do's"?

Thank guys! Hopefully we will become a integral part of this forum one day soon...

-Krawl
Krawl is offline   Reply With Quote