View Single Post
Old 05-23-2018, 03:47 PM   #11
Kazuya

Drives: Takumi
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbradley View Post
So, these cars could have just stomped on it and passed by me but my line prevented it by the looks of it. With limited experience at this, my sensory process says 180 degrees view first priority, the extra .5 sec watch the back as well. Never been with cars that want to go this fast previously probably wasn't at all an issue then. Ya gotta watch your rear for people that can blow by and make that .5 or so sec.

I will try and stay out of the higher caliber driver's way going forward. Maybe if I get some pro training and a pro setup we can exchange helpful advice and encouragement in the future.

No hard feelings, I don't want to increase the risk for anyone in this sport. It just felt bad when someone at around 4 pm said, "You're dangerous, you should go home now." I guess we all have our way.
I wouldn't post it on social media either but there's a positive and negative side to that as well.
I’d like to reiterate what the three of us wanted to reach out to you about specifically. We aren’t here to put you on blast or throw negative hard feelings or any sort of stupidness out there. It’s an open lap day, it was busy and you just happened to be in a session full of fast guys. We just wanted to point out what happened, what you could do better and worked on. It’s a hobby, none of us are pros, we get it. Understand that we approached you with an open mind and reinforce our points with visuals and audio to clearified anything we would misinterpreted, nobody likes to be accused for something they didn’t do or think they did.

I had a friend there that day, fairly young guy, drives to Windsor prior for his trade, has about 300,000+ km worth of driving experience on his cars, first track day? I made sure he went out with an instructor or seasoned veteran to understand track etiquettes and lines, He was fortunate enough to have us and went on his merry little way. I also encountered a Silver BMW M3 on my second session, I had an absolutely blast with him, saw him coming on my rear mirror, again, this is open lapping, not CSCS, OTA or Ontario300, I let him pass. Decided to see his lines and chased him for two laps, surprisingly, he signal me to pass, I assumed he was going to cool down and PIT, nope. We went at it for another two laps until checkered flagged, had a great second session, checked my logs, new personal best at DDT. Best part? No egos hurt or stroked, both of us acted like gentlemens.

I would suggest maybe spend a bit of money and join FROST and the driving academy for a day or two, they’re gentlemen’s whom are extremely helpful, patience and experienced, I believe one of them drives for CTCC as well? Maybe pick up some things here and there as I noticed your lines was everywhere.

Take it for what it is, we could’ve ignored what happened and went on our way but since some of us spoke to you in a mature calmly manner and some didn’t, we just thought as a community we should speak up and help each other.
Kazuya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kazuya For This Useful Post:
Bent42 (05-23-2018), Frost (05-24-2018), wbradley (05-23-2018)